Van Alstyne’s full-time, paid fire department offers many advantages to new and expanding businesses:
- 24/7 staffing for both Fire and EMS.
- Ambulances with Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- An ISO rating of 4 allows for lower insurance rates and attests to fast response times and a high level of personnel certifications.
- Because Van Alstyne performs fire inspections and investigations in-house, inspections are timely and efficient. The Department works in partnership with businesses, builders and remodelers.
- The Department has an active community education program, including a Clown program that teaches safety to schoolchildren.
- The Department’s pioneering community health program helps patients with chronic illness and recent hospitalizations to enjoy better health at home.
The VAFD also provides a Non-Emergency Transport service for hospitals, nursing homes, and many other healthcare facilities in North Texas.
The City of Van Alstyne’s full-time, professional police force prides itself on achieving a high level of training. A proactive approach and high visibility keep our crime rate low.
The Department has a state-of-the-art Communications Division supporting the community 24/7 on both emergency and non-emergency issues. Police response times are less than three minutes.
Officers work with businesses on crime prevention and employee education. However, if police assistance is needed, an in-house Investigations Division is here to help.
The Department is working toward becoming a Recognized department under the Texas Police Chiefs Association benchmarks. This would place Van Alstyne among the state’s elite departments.
The Department updates the public through the Van Alstyne Police Department Facebook page.